Monday, July 1, 2013

Fun Birthday Card


A while ago I needed a special birthday card for my niece. She is a stamper so it couldn't be just any ordinary card. Here is what I came up with. 
I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and embossed the Flowering Flourishes with clear embossing powder. Then I heavily sponged the card stock with Cajun Craze, Not Quite Navy, Daffodil Delight and Cherry Cobbler which made the embossed part jump right out. This is called emboss resist. Punched a border out of Cherry Cobbler for the bottom, I used the Finishing Touches Edgelits and one of the Apothecary Accents Framelits for the label, which is Cajun Craze. I used the word window punch for the happiness from Fabulous Phrases but any sentiment would work here. A couple of DD brads and it was all put on a Cajun Craze card base. She loved it and it now sits in her stamp room hopefully inspiring her to create beautiful cards for her friends and family. Keep Stamping and thanks for stopping by At Paula's Place. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: